Just a quick update about a wee excursion I had this weekend!
On Friday one of the guys who works for INGES invited me to his home town to meet his family in Chuapa which is approximately an hour from Somotillo and its always good to take up any opportunities to see more of the country! So we set off in the big 4WD on Friday night and the road was absolutely terrible! We went an average speed of about 20km per hour and when we arrived in Chuapa the wind had blown over the power poles so there was no power. He introduced me to his wife, his daughter (who is also studying Economics at uni) and his son who he wants me to marry so that I will stay in Nicaragua!
We went out and had tacos for dinner and came back and looked at photos etc with a little torch. That night it was so windy I thought the roof would lift off but luckily it never did! The next day we went to another town called Esteli which is the business centre of Nicaragua and they showed me the Central Park and the Cathedral then we looked around a few shops before heading back to Chuapa.
Before we left Somotillo he said we would have to come back on the motorbike because someone else needed the car, he assured me it was only an hours drive and he drove his motorcycle to and from Chuapa every weekend. So after a couple of days in Chuapa we set off on the motorbike, Nicaraguan style... That means no helmet, no road rules, no speed limit! It was good fun, however I did fear for my like on a couple of occassions! It turns out the 1 hour ride was actually 2 and a half hours after which I was very keen to get home and never ride another motorbike again!
All in all it was a nice weekend, his son was very nice although I cant say it was enough for me to stay and marry him! This time next week I will be on the plane to LA on my way home, how crazy!
Wow Ruby u go getter u!!! We're glad you survived the motorcycle trip home without any injury! Unlike Sachi who managed to fall over at Kaplan Aspect today and now has a limp wrist and sore knee, and unlike Harry who got a spider bite and has cellulitis on his leg (bad infection). Just one week plus one sleep to go yay. c u then. lots a love Mum
ReplyDeleteHey Ruby. Great read your last two updates. It's amazing how quickly you've adjusted to such a different way of life, I gather from everything you've written it's been the people that have made your stay extra special (and the beach), they sound utterly amazing, so welcoming and full of love for you. I can understand why, you're very special. When your day comes to say goodbye I hope you wont be too sad. If you can... just think about us lot getting really, really excited about seeing you back home. On a lighter note... Boston is lying on my lap - he had a bone last night for dinner and throughout my reading of your blog and adding this comment the dirty little boy has been making some pretty horrific smells... gross!! Much love Ruby. Karen, Nev and Blake xxx
ReplyDelete