Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Nicaragua, at last!

This is mostly just a message to let mum know that I'm alive and well! I have made it to Managua, the capital of Nicaragua and it is incredibly hot even though it's 10 o clock at night... It's going to take me a while to get use to this!
It's rather daunting being alone in a country where most people don't speak your language but hopefully ill pick it up a little bit during my time here! It was approximately another 8 hours on the plane today from LA to Miami and then to here so Im rather exhausted. I would appreciate your prayers in regards to picking up the language and not feeling so home sick, also that I would be able to use every opportunity even if it is all pretty scary!
I will try to give another update when I have experienced a bit more of the country in a few days or so!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ruby,

    Hope you got the email I sent you today! Joe gave me your blog address so I could keep tabs on your jet-setting adventures!!!

    When you recover from your exhausting trip, you'll be able to take a more optimistic view of Spanish, which is easier than French or German imho and which is pronounced phonetically like Te Reo Maori. Soon, it will be tripping off your tongue and you'll be able to cap your pronouncements with a crisp and resounding OLE!!!

    Managua must be quite intimidating in its size, noise, pace, and bustle, but what a grand opportunity you have to explore a place so completely different from Christchurch. Be brave, little one!:) I shall continue to pray that God will surround you with His invisible, powerful warriors, and grant that His favour go before you with all you meet. Let that light that is in you shine! And BRAVO for your bravery in daring something new!

    Hasta la proxima vez!!! :)
    Coree

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhh Joe is ment to be harry (see above comment)

    ReplyDelete